Forums » Travel Forum

Casablanca Travel Experience

• 11 posts
    January 18, 2016 1:41 AM CET

Much is written about Marrakech and hooking up with locals and bringing them to your apartment.  I have been to Marrakech several times and although its not impossible to bring a guest to your apartment - it can be a challenge.  Often there is a night watchman or security guard(s) and lets just say it can be a bit of a hassle.

So I noticed that nobody seems to mention Casablanca in these forums.  I recently got back from a trip to the big city in Morocco and while it isn't as interesting a holiday destination as Marrakech, I found it MUCH easier to bring a guy home to my apartment.  It was easy to find an apartment building with no security guard so I could come and go as I pleased and nobody noticed and if they did nobody seemed to care.  I guess because its a large city and liberal as Moroccan cities go..

Fairly easy to hook up with guys on the net!  Men from Casa are every bit as horny and willing as elsewhere in Morocco. 

• 13 posts
    March 7, 2016 11:22 AM CET

Hey...

I am planning to visit Casa adn Marrakech... Any tips where to stay? I really appreciate bc i want to rent an apartament instead of staying in a hotel

• 23 posts
    March 13, 2016 12:13 AM CET

I can second this post. Never had any issues in Casa. I would rent a car and then it doesn't really matter where you stay. I would stay close to the Corniche, because it is cool.

• 11 posts
    March 13, 2016 1:52 AM CET

Gabriel, I found my place on Airbnb.. There are quite a few places to rent and you can just ask the host before you confirm the place if you can have a guest.  You will see by their reaction if this will be an issue or not.  You could also look on Misterbnb.  Its essentially the gay equivalent of Airbnb except the host is usually gay.  A warning about misterbnb though, I find generally the hosts inflate the prices of their places.  Unlike Jardon, I stayed in the city centre and it was close to nightlife/tourist places.

This post was edited by spike75 at March 13, 2016 1:55 AM CET
    • 11 posts
    March 13, 2016 1:57 AM CET

Oh one other thing I noticed about Casa.  The men were much less likely to expect money.  I was with a few guys and not one asked. 

• 27 posts
    April 2, 2016 8:48 AM CEST

I stayed in several moroccan citys in apartments. I do not think there are "better" and "worse" cities with regard to find apartments where it is easy to bring men to your room. It depends more on the concrete "situation": does the landlord live in the same building? are there guards? if yes, are they standing outside the building or is there a guard desk inside where everybody has to pass by?  I myself experienced only one time that the apartment was in a building with guards - but only in the night time. They were standing outside the building, not directly in front of the entrance, perhaps guarding at the same time also the neighbourbuilding.  I made a bit smalltalk to them, so that they "knew" me as the the tourist who had the key for some days. Alltogether no problems!

By the way: If you use airnbn you will find at every offer a passage called "house rules". More and more you can notice that the landlords ask you NOT to bring locals to your aparment. Another good site for renting apartments in morocco is www.homelidays.com 

• 11 posts
    April 2, 2016 4:12 PM CEST

Well we all have our experiences.  That said, I'll stick by my original post with respect to Casa vs Marrakesh because those are my experiences and Marrakesh has just been a whole lot more challenging.  Put this way, the concrete situation in Casa seems to be conducive to being more 'favourable' to bringing in guests. 

This post was edited by spike75 at April 2, 2016 5:05 PM CEST