Forums » Travel Forum

apartments in morocco: problems with security service?

• 26 posts
    December 17, 2014 9:44 PM CET

I rented a few times apartments or houses in Morocco. I  never had one with a security service. So it was never a big problem to take a moroccan to my flat. Only the neighbours could get suspicious. In Tunisia I had one time an apartment in an apartment block and there was a guard outside but he never really controlled the people entering.

So what you could expect from a flat about that is said in an advertisement that there is a "security 24/24"-service or  a "concierge" ???

I do not plan to come back every evening with another guy. I just want to receive somebody in my flat if I like so. Anybody can tell me about experiences with security guards or concierges in the case he wanted to bring somebody with him? Or in the case that somebody wanted to visit him?

• 34 posts
    December 18, 2014 6:59 PM CET
    Well if you don't plan having 20 guys every day it should be no problem. As queen Cleopatra wrote somewhere, the security guy/concierge gives you usually the first taste of arabian cock!
    • 26 posts
    December 19, 2014 8:24 PM CET

Thanks MC92, but can somebody report about his experiences? 

• 23 posts
    December 21, 2014 10:58 PM CET

I had such a guy in Casablanca. I just introduced guys as a cousin of my wife, or something like that and it was alright.

• 26 posts
    December 29, 2014 12:47 PM CET

Thank you for your good idea! More advice and experiences welcome.

• 34 posts
    January 17, 2015 11:53 PM CET
    I rented a flat in Marrakech, beautiful new modern building in Gueliz with something that looked like a prison type of security with uniformed guys and cameras everywhere.
    When searching for the place (which I found through my masseur friend) I spoke with the building manager and I made clear that I would have guests and he said no problem as long as they drop their id at the security desk.
    Although the guards were rather clumsy and took forever to do id copies I never had any problems.

When I wanted a rough looking guy I would play my usual trick: go to a shop buy 3 bottles of water and then have him pose as a delivery boy and show up 10 minutes after you arrive.
    Of course the next one must bring food
    • 26 posts
    January 25, 2015 1:57 PM CET

I am back from Morocco and want to share my experience with regard to apartments.

I rented an apartement which I found  on a internet portal which I use often to rent flats. Often you can see already at the description of the apartment that it could get difficult. For example I pay attention if the owner lives in the same house or if he says something of a contact person. Of course it is better if there is only a contact person. Normally you see this person only at the beginning and at the end of your holiday.

In my case it worked with a contact person. The owners lived in europe. There was a security service from 8 pm till early morning. That means: 2 or 3 young men were responsible to pay attention  for some entrances in the same building complex, but only at night. Because I was new for them they looked for contact and spoke to me. They saw that I had a key and they knew that there were holiday flats in the house. So there was no problem with them. If I took somebody to my flat during the day nobody would have noticed anything.  As a joke I asked one time one of the guards with a smile:" What are you looking for? I think its a rather safe quarter here. Do you perhaps want to prevent that I enter with a girl at my side, a prostitute for example?"  I just wanted to check them how they would react. With a smile they said: No no, if you pay for an apartment you are free to do what you want." May be they would have looked at me in a very different way if I had talked about a man I wanted to take with me. But then you could use the tricks that are described in this thread already. So all together one can say: It must not be a real problem to enjoy sex in your flat! 

• 3 posts
    June 11, 2017 12:30 AM CEST

Hi there,

I am leaving for Marrakech by myself next week. I've rented a nice flat in Gueliz. The owner told me it was forbidden to bring locals to the apartment.

Is there any way to convince or bribe the guards somehow? Is it true there may be security 24/7?

This is my first trip to Morocco. I am young and want to have fun.