Forums » Travel Forum

upper egypt advice?

    • 35 posts
    March 8, 2015 10:01 PM CET
    Shakira84, if you mean by ' main street' the Corniche on the East Bank, then I can tell you the West bank is not safe either from thieves as I was robbed there. As a friend told ' don't expect much from people who rob their ancestors graves'. Its a slight play on history as the present Luxorites have little link to those of 3 to 5000 years previous. But the warning holds true.
    As I have frequently spoke highly of Aswan it is only fair to mention there was a terror attack there a few weeks back. So incongruous it seems it got me thinking. Of the 70 plus countries I have visited, a quick review reminds me of at least 25 having had terror attacks at some time since I started travelling. It seems to be a fact of life, hard to escape - just need to be lucky and not be there at the time.
    • 41 posts
    March 9, 2015 6:28 AM CET

    [blockquote]Traveller said: Shakira84, if you mean by ' main street' the Corniche on the East Bank, then I can tell you the West bank is not safe either from thieves as I was robbed there. As a friend told ' don't expect much from people who rob their ancestors graves'. Its a slight play on history as the present Luxorites have little link to those of 3 to 5000 years previous. But the warning holds true. As I have frequently spoke highly of Aswan it is only fair to mention there was a terror attack there a few weeks back. So incongruous it seems it got me thinking. Of the 70 plus countries I have visited, a quick review reminds me of at least 25 having had terror attacks at some time since I started travelling. It seems to be a fact of life, hard to escape - just need to be lucky and not be there at the time.[/blockquote]

     

    So when you say robbed, where you threatend or was it a quick-pocket robber?

    • 41 posts
    March 9, 2015 6:30 AM CET

    Doesnt sound good Shakira84,

    What about the rest of the trip ? any luck?

     

    [blockquote]Shakira84 said:

    I was in Luxor and I was robbed in the main street in the evening but It's much safer on the opposite side of the Nile.

    [/blockquote]

    • 35 posts
    March 11, 2015 7:46 AM CET
    Maxim
    After i discovered what was happening I was threatened but managed to avoid major problem by just accepting the loss.
    • 41 posts
    March 11, 2015 5:21 PM CET

    Well i have room in my suitcase for pepperspray mwahaha lol

    [blockquote]Traveller said: Maxim After i discovered what was happening I was threatened but managed to avoid major problem by just accepting the loss.[/blockquote]

    • 2 posts
    March 13, 2015 8:56 PM CET

                cross with the ferry to the westbank. lots of willing boys/men. after  finding good company stay with them. be loyal and if you want some variety i am sure they can provide you with some of their friends. nubians are sweet, beautiful and are witty. and speak english.

    • 41 posts
    March 14, 2015 10:55 AM CET

    Sounds great :).

    [blockquote]gaetano said:

                cross with the ferry to the westbank. lots of willing boys/men. after  finding good company stay with them. be loyal and if you want some variety i am sure they can provide you with some of their friends. nubians are sweet, beautiful and are witty. and speak english.

    [/blockquote]

    • 41 posts
    March 15, 2015 11:52 AM CET

    1 thing you say does intrige me :p. You say be loyal.

    I hope not to those guys, who as soon as you leave, hook up with other guys for payments lol.

    Or what do you mean with be loyal ? ;P

    [blockquote]gaetano said:

                cross with the ferry to the westbank. lots of willing boys/men. after  finding good company stay with them. be loyal and if you want some variety i am sure they can provide you with some of their friends. nubians are sweet, beautiful and are witty. and speak english.

    [/blockquote]

    • 41 posts
    March 24, 2015 1:17 PM CET
    Well now in luxor for few days and no luck so far. Only 30+ guys, not the once i like xs
    • 1 posts
    March 24, 2015 4:26 PM CET

    Dear all, I just came back from a couple of days in Luxor and wanted to share my experience. I have been based in Cairo for a couple of years, but it has been mainly work, so no sexy trips out in Upper Egypt. Last year I did have a nice week-end in Aswan where it was easy to meet hot young men, so I decided to go to Luxor this time. I was pretty excited as I kept reading of Luxor being the best place to get laid... But it didn't turn out that way, the "boys" were incredibly nasty and agressive, and not even hot looking. It was a nightmare to just cross the corniche and I was pretty disgusted... A big let down. So I decided to just enjoy the place, without the hassle of the "boys". The last day I went to Karnak temple and met an amazingly hot, really really hot security officer who amde it clear from the beginning he wanted something going on... We tried, but there was just no place for play. I did get to touch his erect dick (and it was big) but, despite the fact that whenever we said bye he would come back, it just wasn't possible... too bad. Then I went on a felucca ride, that I arranged through a travel agency, didn't want to go through the hassle of it all, and was really surprised that the "captain" was another sexy, reaLLY SEXY, young guy... And it of course came to the questions, are u married, etc... And then he just flashed his beautiful dick. He really wanted to fuck, but since I had given up on any  sex play, I had left the condoms in my bag.... He really insisted but I just don't fuck bareback and, at the end, we had a hot sucking session in the little cubicle of his felucca, and it was hot... He really got into it and was very pro-active, I really regret not having a condom, he would have been a great fuck, I still fanthom about it... Never leave your hotel without a codom, that's my lesson.

    • 41 posts
    March 25, 2015 6:56 AM CET
    Calenton i know what you meaan, many are nasty, today i go to Aswan so im more hopefull lol
    • 41 posts
    March 25, 2015 6:59 AM CET
    I must admit the poolboy was kinda cute but only 6/10 in my book lol. I keep him as last resort xD
    • 2 posts
    March 26, 2015 9:02 PM CET

          in aswan: on the corniche after mc donald's take the steps down the nile and follow the path. no hassle. further on you can take a small ferry to cross the nile to the tombs of the nobles. cross and have a walk in the fields.      

    • 41 posts
    March 27, 2015 9:19 PM CET
    Well guys, my 3 days in aswan are over. I must apologise for being unknowing, nubians are indeed smoking hot i must admit. Unfortunatly no action for me, i think Egyptians and nubians just dont want me...
    • 41 posts
    April 1, 2015 10:04 PM CEST
    Well only 1 day left in luxor before returning to sexless.belgium, just walked the entire corniche. Again many old guys with calech, but no 18-22 years. So im begging you people, i dont want to leave as a virgin again, where are they?? Wh to go out ?? How to let them know you want them?? (Smiling,waving did not work.)
  • Jie
    • 21 posts
    April 2, 2015 1:06 AM CEST

    Maxim, I was in Luxor about a month ago and I  did what  Traveller suggested- I went to the west bank via the public ferry. Upon embarking there , lots of guys, young and old offered me  taxi, bike, boat, felucha, etc. I just said la shukran if I dont like the guy. As I didn't like any of those who approached me -what I did then is to pretend to take pictures around the area as I surveryed who I fancy amongst those who hasnt approached me yet - I prefered also young and hot ;) There are lots there just hanging around .  Finally a 24 yr old guy I like offered his taxi and eventually gave him a hj while driving around lol. He wanted to meet later at night to fuck in the fields but I dont feel going out at night. Also met a 20 yr vendor there and blew him in his empty house or maybe his friend, not exactly sure. Like you , I did'nt really met a younger guy at the east bank that I like. One day is more than enough to enjoy yourself. Good suck, I mean, good luck! ;)

     

     

    [blockquote]Maxim said: Well only 1 day left in luxor before returning to sexless.belgium, just walked the entire corniche. Again many old guys with calech, but no 18-22 years. So im begging you people, i dont want to leave as a virgin again, where are they?? Wh to go out ?? How to let them know you want them?? (Smiling,waving did not work.)[/blockquote]

     

     


    This post was edited by Jie at April 2, 2015 1:07 AM CEST
    • 41 posts
    April 3, 2015 8:42 PM CEST

    Jie thank you for the advise :).

    I spend my last day walking the corniche on the east side in the morning.

    The afternoon i went to the west bank, unfortunatly no suck or luck.

    This 1 cute guy did offer felucca to banana island, but nothing happend. There really is a banana island, they have crocodile there etc...

    And the guy was apparently 17... difficult to see...

    So nothing happend in my 2 weeks Egypt. I kinda hoped to see my first arab dick... me sad :s

    [blockquote]Jie said:

    Maxim, I was in Luxor about a month ago and I  did what  Traveller suggested- I went to the west bank via the public ferry. Upon embarking there , lots of guys, young and old offered me  taxi, bike, boat, felucha, etc. I just said la shukran if I dont like the guy. As I didn't like any of those who approached me -what I did then is to pretend to take pictures around the area as I surveryed who I fancy amongst those who hasnt approached me yet - I prefered also young and hot ;) There are lots there just hanging around .  Finally a 24 yr old guy I like offered his taxi and eventually gave him a hj while driving around lol. He wanted to meet later at night to fuck in the fields but I dont feel going out at night. Also met a 20 yr vendor there and blew him in his empty house or maybe his friend, not exactly sure. Like you , I did'nt really met a younger guy at the east bank that I like. One day is more than enough to enjoy yourself. Good suck, I mean, good luck! ;)

     

     

    [blockquote]Maxim said: Well only 1 day left in luxor before returning to sexless.belgium, just walked the entire corniche. Again many old guys with calech, but no 18-22 years. So im begging you people, i dont want to leave as a virgin again, where are they?? Wh to go out ?? How to let them know you want them?? (Smiling,waving did not work.)[/blockquote]

     

     

    [/blockquote]

    • Moderator
    • 34 posts
    April 3, 2015 9:18 PM CEST
    Ok i must jump in. I'm finally in europe so I can safely and easily access the website and ask this:

    Are you guys talking about the same Luxor I know of??
    I have been to Luxor countless times and I'm struggling to recognize it in your stories of blueballs.

    Let's suppose my big ass screams "fuck me" when I walk around, let's suppose my tattoos make it so that I am pretty visible.. Still, I'm not exactly a hugely feminine type (unless intended) and so isn't my friend Traveller. Nevertheless both of us have been getting hundreds of boys from Luxor to Aswan for several years.

    Unlike Traveller my area of expertise has always been the East bank. Matter of fact I've never even been to the west bank on sexual quests.
    My domain is the train station, the corniche, the gardens and so on.
    I can't quite imagine not finding boys in this part of Luxor.. There are hundreds of Caleche boys (although now barely dozens due to the lack of tourists) there are so many cafes, so many soldiers and so many boys just walking around.

    I can say that in Aswan I have been hit on by a couple of old men but no such thing in Luxor where I always get very young boys. Too young in fact in many of the cases.

    I'm suspecting it's a problem of body language or else an inability to flirt. No matter how visible you may be, it is very unlikely that the boys will offer you their dick too directly because they like to make it look as though you are the one wanting it so they can look innocent and be in the dominant position to say "you want it, you pay it"

    keep in mind that if you want to have exciting encounters you must be willing to walk kilometers at the strangest times of the day - which is exactly what I have been tired of doing lately but that's because I'm travelling too much to these countries for work and the novelty kinda worse thin by now.

    Nevertheless in my books I still prefer Aswan over Luxor. As I said before, Luxor boys are too much trouble, too much hassle and too much drama. 2 days in Luxor and I just wanna run away.


    • 35 posts
    April 4, 2015 9:55 AM CEST
    As a long time observer of life in Upper Egypt I am also amazed to read Maxim's report. Foreigners have been travelling there for hundreds of years ( if not longer) and finding satisfaction - and without the benefit of all the guidance contained in these reports!
    • 41 posts
    April 4, 2015 7:27 PM CEST

    Well its like i say, its probably just me. Okay since its unbelieveble i will tell about my last day.

    I went to the corniche from my Pyramisa Hotel from 09.00 to 15.00. I walked back and forward 4 times. Again mostly older guys 30 - 40. Offering kalech or felucca and 4 asked if i like Egyptian Banana (Yes i know its not the fruit lol). I saw 1 cute guy from around 20 years, who offered a felucca but he acted aggresifly and with a muscaler guy next to him, i didnt feel to save and walked away. After eating at the KFC and changing clothes in the hotel (Putting on my skinny tied black jeans and my red shirt, showing my skinny legs, but my chubby upper body that they like.) I followed Traveler and Jie's advice and bought a ticket for the west side with 1 goal : its my last chance for fun so the 1st young guy you see, you get him!. So with this in mind a walked of the ferry and at 1st i was surprised, i did not know where to go honestly. Not much shops or cornich so i just started with a walk next the Nile where the feluccas are. (After reading Island 3some on a blog by the then known Eradesso ;), i wanted to experience the same thing). After 2 minutes i found this good looking young guy, just sitting by the Nile and smiling to me. He offered a Felucca ride to Banana Island and showed his boat. So i smiled and asked his price and with 80 pounds we agreed to go to his Felucca. Arriving at the boat this older guy jumps in with us, maybe his older brother i dont know. At that moment i thought like in Eradesso's blog : maybe he was horny to and wanted to come, but i wanted the other so badly, i would have done the older guy if needed. After 5 minutes it happend. "Are you married ?" "No" "Have Girlfriend?" "No" "Boyfriend?" "No" "Why not?" "I'm always working, no time" "You tried Egyptian banana?" "Not yet, they are very good i hear"? (I asked with a flirty smile)". So now i waited for them to ask if i wanted a egyptian banana... But it was silent for 2 houres on the Nile, they looked very concentraited and not smiling or eyeing friendly and then they put me off by the Hotel charging me 160 pound offcourse. Afterwards i wonder if i should have asked if they offerd me their banana, but it seemed to direct at the moment for me to ask them. So now i must wait a full year to go back, so another year no sex.                                           

     


    This post was edited by Maxim at April 4, 2015 7:32 PM CEST
    • 35 posts
    April 4, 2015 8:23 PM CEST
    Oh Maxim! The good news is that you have a year to overcome your shyness. When the conversation turns to bananas that is the time to jump in with " i only like big ones' 'what is yours like? ''Show me.'
    • 41 posts
    April 4, 2015 8:29 PM CEST

    Ah so thats not to forward ? Because i kepped thinking i must wait for them to offer it like the older guys do. If i asked them i thought they might get mad (It remains a muslimcountry after all.) Also many young guys had girls on there arms or European womans. (Who i could shoot out of jealousy lol) 

     

    [blockquote]Traveller said: Oh Maxim! The good news is that you have a year to overcome your shyness. When the conversation turns to bananas that is the time to jump in with " i only like big ones' 'what is yours like? ''Show me.' [/blockquote]

    • 41 posts
    April 4, 2015 8:29 PM CEST

    Ah so thats not to forward ? Because i kepped thinking i must wait for them to offer it like the older guys do. If i asked them i thought they might get mad (It remains a muslimcountry after all and they looked so serious instead of flirty.) Also many young guys had girls on there arms or European womans. (Who i could shoot out of jealousy lol) 

     

    [blockquote]Traveller said: Oh Maxim! The good news is that you have a year to overcome your shyness. When the conversation turns to bananas that is the time to jump in with " i only like big ones' 'what is yours like? ''Show me.' [/blockquote]


    This post was edited by Maxim at April 4, 2015 8:31 PM CEST
    • 41 posts
    April 4, 2015 8:44 PM CEST

    But Aswan was strange i must say, i walked the cornich at night around 21.00 from Isis Isl Hotel to Mc Donalds and many gave me very icy looks and once at McD. i decided to order a drink after the long walk, many woman litterely pushed me out the row or simply cut infront of me. I was kinda scared. I got my drink and stood on the cornich alone for 1 hour drinking my drink and i not even got 1 hello...

    • 41 posts
    April 4, 2015 8:51 PM CEST

    I do have Styled hair, maybe to gay ? lol