Forums » Travel Forum

upper egypt advice?

• 41 posts
    April 8, 2015 7:39 AM CEST

After overcoming my first failure, I now focus on the next time. I just orderd a arabic-egyptian language lesson :p hopefully this doubles my chances. But Cleopatra does have a point, my flirting sucks (no fun intended), but since i heard the guys come to you i did not think flirting from my side would be THAT crucial. So did you ever had a guy that you liked, but he did not make the first move? And if the answer is no, i can always buy you a plainticket like you suggested LOL

[blockquote]Traveller said: Oh Maxim! The good news is that you have a year to overcome your shyness. When the conversation turns to bananas that is the time to jump in with " i only like big ones' 'what is yours like? ''Show me.' [/blockquote]

• 34 posts
    April 9, 2015 10:08 AM CEST
    Maxim, language can certainly be a barrier in upper Egypt, knowing arabic can open up a new world.. Nevertheless there are so many people enjoying the boys even though they dont speak arabic or barely any english..
    I understand you being shy and not wanting to make the first move but you can always start with body talk..
    Eyes are the most important clue.. You look, you turn, you look again.. Don't stare but insist on looking, smile like a shy girl...
    If you you start suspecting the guy may be interested find a way to stop and sit somewhere or lean against the fence over the Nile sticking your butt out... Chances are he will also stop and you will start a game of getting closer until you start talking.
    You can be the one using their own game and start asking how old they are, if they are married..
    If you can't do that because of the language try with common words like "beautiful".. Or learn a couple arabic words..

As for felucca people, you always have to ask and make sure the guy offering the trip is actually the guy who will be with you on the boat.. Don't be afraid to say it directly or ask something like "will it be just you and me?" And then *shy girl smile*
    Also, don't worry if you get get two boys on the boat they all know it.. One of them will find an excuse to wander off on the island or go into the "captain room".. For instance i have never accepted to go into that small room so I usually send the third guy in there while I get it on outside..

There are so many ways for you to send the message without having to talk about sex.. You can ask them where is this banana island everyone talks about.. You can ask where you can get a good massage..
    It's not complicated really!
    • 41 posts
    April 9, 2015 6:41 PM CEST

Thank You, the body language is certainly new for me. So now i know how to walk and talk i hope my chances are higher :D. Maybe next year I get a hot guy for my 25th birthday :). Maybe I can go back to Luxor in Octobre, but Pyramisa is expensive if you go single 2 times a year. You know cheaper Hotels ? Oh by the way those famous 'love flats' in Luxor can i ask where they are ? Thanks

[blockquote]Cleopatra said: Maxim, language can certainly be a barrier in upper Egypt, knowing arabic can open up a new world.. Nevertheless there are so many people enjoying the boys even though they dont speak arabic or barely any english.. I understand you being shy and not wanting to make the first move but you can always start with body talk.. Eyes are the most important clue.. You look, you turn, you look again.. Don't stare but insist on looking, smile like a shy girl... If you you start suspecting the guy may be interested find a way to stop and sit somewhere or lean against the fence over the Nile sticking your butt out... Chances are he will also stop and you will start a game of getting closer until you start talking. You can be the one using their own game and start asking how old they are, if they are married.. If you can't do that because of the language try with common words like "beautiful".. Or learn a couple arabic words.. As for felucca people, you always have to ask and make sure the guy offering the trip is actually the guy who will be with you on the boat.. Don't be afraid to say it directly or ask something like "will it be just you and me?" And then *shy girl smile* Also, don't worry if you get get two boys on the boat they all know it.. One of them will find an excuse to wander off on the island or go into the "captain room".. For instance i have never accepted to go into that small room so I usually send the third guy in there while I get it on outside.. There are so many ways for you to send the message without having to talk about sex.. You can ask them where is this banana island everyone talks about.. You can ask where you can get a good massage.. It's not complicated really![/blockquote]

• 41 posts
    June 27, 2015 10:55 PM CEST

Well just booked another trip to Luxor, time to try again :P.

So now i know i shoud focus on the west bank.

But where should you go on the east bank because as far as i got there, i saw little but a few houses?

This post was edited by Maxim at June 27, 2015 11:29 PM CEST
    • 17 posts
    September 18, 2015 2:28 AM CEST

Have you been yet Maxim? And, did Traveller's tips how to overcome your shyness work an did you get lucky? Tell us...

• 41 posts
    September 21, 2015 9:39 PM CEST

No but it wont be long before my holiday :).

However i have indeed bin reading of "gays" being arrested so i will be on guard,

and at the last minute my cousin wanted to come with me to see the sites, she will probably have more fun then me XD.

I already told her, i will announce her as my sister, so people dont think she is my gf. But i think my chances of getting lucky are low.

Will let you guys know no matter what. :p

[blockquote]Ioannes said:

Have you been yet Maxim? And, did Traveller's tips how to overcome your shyness work an did you get lucky? Tell us...

[/blockquote]

• 17 posts
    September 24, 2015 12:13 AM CEST

Just be carefull and enjoy the Egyptian men. And if no sex, enjoy the sight of handsome sexy Egyptians.

• 41 posts
    September 24, 2015 6:36 AM CEST

Oh i always enjoy the sights ;), offcourse the guys in there 20's are out of Luxor in the week to work, so it limits the choices, but there are some.

[blockquote]Ioannes said:

Just be carefull and enjoy the Egyptian men. And if no sex, enjoy the sight of handsome sexy Egyptians.

[/blockquote]

• 17 posts
    September 28, 2015 11:48 PM CEST

Make sure to make some snapshots of the 'sights'....;-)

• 41 posts
    November 24, 2015 7:34 AM CET

Well guys i "finally" had my 1st guy in Luxor ;)

It was with a guy working in the hotel, but because he worked by the pool, i could not take him to my room unseen.

So I only got a taste, but i Loved it ;).

What i wonder, when you meet someone outside your hotel, where do you go ?

I suppose taking him to your hotelroom and passed big security is a big No?

So any Hotels that anyone knows where you can go with a guy ?

Thanx Guys :D

• Jie
    • 21 posts
    November 26, 2015 11:36 AM CET

Very happy for you Maxim. What hotel is it? I would think since he already inside the hotel, you can just dicreetly slip him in your room? 

[blockquote]Maxim said:

Well guys i "finally" had my 1st guy in Luxor ;)

It was with a guy working in the hotel, but because he worked by the pool, i could not take him to my room unseen.

So I only got a taste, but i Loved it ;).

What i wonder, when you meet someone outside your hotel, where do you go ?

I suppose taking him to your hotelroom and passed big security is a big No?

So any Hotels that anyone knows where you can go with a guy ?

Thanx Guys :D

[/blockquote]

• 41 posts
    May 20, 2018 11:55 AM CEST

Hi Everyone

Well my next visits to Egypt were not really much to write about but i wanted to let you know whats bin going on.

I actually tried a few places : Aswan, Luxor and Alexandria.

Unfortunatly most was a complete bust,

Alexandria was called very "Western" but when i got there i felt very unwelcome. (Except for children who wanted photos and practise English badly.)

Because its very western almost every cute guy i saw had a girl, so not much there and because its a rich city... well you get the point.

My hotel was beautiful though and the waiter did say if i needed ANYTHING just ask, but everyone kept staring at me so i said no.

Aswan basically same thing, i stayed at the Isis Hotel and walked from its dock to McDonalds, many cute guys but nobody looked at me or simply ignored me, when i arrived at McDonalds i felt a hand on my behind and when i looked behind me all i saw were women with looks that kill, just bought a Coke and got out of there.

Now Luxor was a little better, again when you go out its flirt-flirt-flirt, the problem here is NO PRIVACY. There are so little tourists that you stand out everywhere and you get followed all the time by police or people. I tried a few apartments for once but even those who had no rules against inviting visitors where a pain in the ...ss, i finally found 2 hot men in there 20's but when i arrived at my appartment with them, the man who owned it basically jumped out of the bushes (literally) and said i cant invite visitors or he calls police. I told him he had no rules against visitors but he said its the law, I was so pissed by that point that i took my bags and threw the key at him an just slepped outside that night. next day i found a hotel to sleep but i got harresed by the doorman everytime i entered or left, if i did not give him money i checked my luggage everytime. ( I never paid and had nothing in my bags, so i dindt care, but its so annoying and he always saying "Hello Habibi" only made me angry)

When i tried a different apartment i had given up, but like others here the owner could not make it so he send his neighbour a young hansome man around 22, who offered a very good time.  But this only happend 1 time, its almost impossible to be alone, im seriously going to take a break from Egypt for a few years, maybe with more tourists they dont notice you sneaking away with someone.

This post was edited by Maxim at May 20, 2018 12:01 PM CEST
    • 4 posts
    May 29, 2018 10:26 PM CEST

Thanks for the update

• Jie
    • 21 posts
    June 27, 2018 5:29 PM CEST

Good updates Maxim.

i agree with u abt Alexandria-i dont really like it that much either.

Aswan is always a hit and miss. days when nobody gives you attention and days when many will.

Luxor- i also agree its hard to find a apartment with privacy. but aatl least u found one with the handsome neighbor;) where is that?

btw, what hotel where u got harrassed by the guard? so we can stay away from it.

thanks!

• 41 posts
    June 27, 2018 6:05 PM CEST

[blockquote]Jie said:

Good updates Maxim.

i agree with u abt Alexandria-i dont really like it that much either.

Aswan is always a hit and miss. days when nobody gives you attention and days when many will.

Luxor- i also agree its hard to find a apartment with privacy. but aatl least u found one with the handsome neighbor;) where is that?

btw, what hotel where u got harrassed by the guard? so we can stay away from it.

thanks!

[/blockquote]

Well the Hotel was Eatabe Hotel.

But i have to say its only 1 guard who harrassed me, because i stayed now at Iberotel and i never want to go back.

The food was bad and the design of the building creates such a huge echo that you hear everything from your room (like screaming kids...ugh)

I even went back to Eatabe because of the good food, again that skinny 40+ guard with his moustache harrassed me with his "Hello Habibi, stop please for me..." but i kept going inside and then he stops. Honestly i would go back because the Hotel is good value and great location, JUST THAT 1 GUARD!. If i refused to give him money he opend my bags for a "check", EVERYtime i passed him in the afternoon.

The apartment i dont really want to give the name here, because the boy was offcourse scared to be found out by the owner he worked for. He did say that there was a German tourist who comes to the apartment and he sleeps with him everytime for money. i found it amusing he told this haha. But i dont want him into trouble AND he actually left Luxor to find work on the red sea.

• 4 posts
    September 12, 2018 11:26 PM CEST

I have been at the Eatabe Hotel the last 2 years and I agree that it is a lovely hotel and the food is excellent, as are the prices. The door guard tried that old shit with me too but I just told him to leave me alone or I would speak to the manager about him. That did the trick as he would have been sacked on the spot. Everyone wants money in Egypt and, to be honest, I never look for guys anymore as it's really like paying for a prostitute. I have met a couple of guys who are gorgeous, one is a taxi driver on the West Bank and the other is a caleche driver in Luxor. Both of them are lovely guys and I have met their families and been to eat with them. I keep in touch with them and hope to meet up if I go back this winter. Having sex with them would change the relationship and I don't want that.

I would say that the best place for meeting guys is in the bazaar, there are some cute shopkeepers there. There are of course hustlers on the Corniche after dark, wanting to take you on a boat trip. Not for me I'm afraid, for a start they are probably riddled with disease. 

Taking an apartment is probably the easiest way to get guys but safety first, get to know then a little first, where they live or work. The first time I went to Luxor I was on a Nile cruise, I met a stud in the museum, he was a guard there but I didn't have time as I had to get back to the ship. This year when I went back to the museum I didn't see him.

Not sure if I will go back this winter, I like the Eatabe and will probably book in there if I decide to go.

• 41 posts
    October 9, 2018 7:10 PM CEST
    Scottybott said:

I have been at the Eatabe Hotel the last 2 years and I agree that it is a lovely hotel and the food is excellent, as are the prices. The door guard tried that old shit with me too but I just told him to leave me alone or I would speak to the manager about him. That did the trick as he would have been sacked on the spot. Everyone wants money in Egypt and, to be honest, I never look for guys anymore as it's really like paying for a prostitute. I have met a couple of guys who are gorgeous, one is a taxi driver on the West Bank and the other is a caleche driver in Luxor. Both of them are lovely guys and I have met their families and been to eat with them. I keep in touch with them and hope to meet up if I go back this winter. Having sex with them would change the relationship and I don't want that.

I would say that the best place for meeting guys is in the bazaar, there are some cute shopkeepers there. There are of course hustlers on the Corniche after dark, wanting to take you on a boat trip. Not for me I'm afraid, for a start they are probably riddled with disease. 

Taking an apartment is probably the easiest way to get guys but safety first, get to know then a little first, where they live or work. The first time I went to Luxor I was on a Nile cruise, I met a stud in the museum, he was a guard there but I didn't have time as I had to get back to the ship. This year when I went back to the museum I didn't see him.

Not sure if I will go back this winter, I like the Eatabe and will probably book in there if I decide to go.

Yes I know what you mean, I made a few friends to, but sooner or later they ask me for money...So I break the friendship. Its always about money. I mean almost 50 euro for maybe 1 minute (If your lucky) of fun. Even in my homeland you get 1 hour of sex for 100 euro. Just not worth it. So you did have some experiences in Luxor ? Care to share ?

• 4 posts
    October 16, 2018 3:48 PM CEST

No Maxim, I didn't have anything in Luxor but I think the bazaar could be a good place to start! I am going back in February again but this time I have booked an apartment on the West Bank, not with the intention of getting men but if I do, then it's a bonus. The apartment is new, I saw it in March, before it was actually finished and have seen the photographs since it was completed. I just want to give the family who own it my business. 

I had some fun in Aswan but not in Luxor, so far. You are right about it being "1 minute" and it's over. There are also some cute calache drivers in Aswan and Luxor but again, it's all about money! I will try the museum again as the guy I met there was a stud. x x