Forums » Travel Forum

upper egypt advice?

• 40 posts
    January 12, 2015 8:21 PM CET

Hello Everyone

Just registrated here and wanted to post something :P.

I just returned from a trip to Luxor and in a few months i am going back.

Now to be honest my number 1 reason i go to Egypt is because i LOVE its History.

But after reading some blogs about arab guys, i guess it would be fun to have some fun lol.

I booked at the Pyramisa (I know it has bad reviews, but its all i can afford.) few days in Aswan but mostly Luxor because of the sites.

Now because I am only 20 I am a little intimidated to leave the Hotel without my trusted guide (Who is to old for my taste).

So if i would find the courage to leave my hotel both in luxor and Aswan, what would your survival tips be ? lol

Like most i like the younger arab straights :p dont have a fathercomplex lol

• Jie
    • 21 posts
    January 13, 2015 12:59 AM CET

Hi Maxim, welcome!

Will you be posting your experience in Luxor? I am very much curious because I have just booked a trip there myself for next month and I actually will stay in Pyramisa Isis hotel.  Is that your hotel in Luxor also? Hoping to hear from you.Thanks.

This post was edited by Jie at January 13, 2015 1:03 AM CET
    • 40 posts
    January 13, 2015 6:51 AM CET

No problem :)

I just stayed at that Hotel  in Novembre, and i have no complaines (except the bad matras :p ), but you ahev your basic needs ;).

But i had no experience with the staff if thats what your asking :p, 1 man who brought my bagage to my room upon arrivel was indeed a little TO friendly, hugging me a little to long for comfort and saying that if i need ANYTHING :p i should ask him. But him being twice my age and short and no hair on his head XD
    He was the opposit of my type :p.

But even without a sexual experience its a good hotel, friendly staff and a good base to explore the sites (if your in to the history).

But next i am hoping to find a little fun :p maybe the staff will be cuter then to lol

Jie said:

Hi Maxim, welcome!

Will you be posting your experience in Luxor? I am very much curious because I have just booked a trip there myself for next month and I actually will stay in Pyramisa Isis hotel.  Is that your hotel in Luxor also? Hoping to hear from you.Thanks.

• Jie
    • 21 posts
    January 14, 2015 2:17 AM CET

So it looks like the hotel staff are nothing to write home about . Well I don't really expect anthing in the hotel but I am looking  forward more on the men outside the hotel . Did you get lucky with any of the locals  - the boatmen, the kaleche ,  taxi drivers etc?

• 40 posts
    January 14, 2015 6:28 AM CET

Well thats my problem :P I only came outside the hotel with my egyptian guide and the locals stay away if you walk around with a guide :P.

This time i would like to try leaving the hotel to see what happens :p, but because im young i would like some survival tips, because you always hear about Egypt that they try to hassle you and offcourse that there is danger with secret police and gaybashers XD. (But when i see posts on this site it doesnt seem as dangerous as they say lol)

Jie said:

So it looks like the hotel staff are nothing to write home about . Well I don't really expect anthing in the hotel but I am looking  forward more on the men outside the hotel . Did you get lucky with any of the locals  - the boatmen, the kaleche ,  taxi drivers etc?

This post was edited by Maxim at January 14, 2015 6:30 AM CET
    • 35 posts
    January 14, 2015 8:26 AM CET
    Left Luxor yesterday and had an enjoyable time. That said be prepared for hassle as it's the hassle capital of Egypt if not the world. It is almost impossible not to meet young guys.
    Suggest you take the ferry to West Bank ( costs one eg pound and runs every 20 minutes or so). Get off the ferry and turn direct left and walk along the side of the Nile ( Ramla). Within minutes if not seconds you will be approached with an offer of something. Basically they want to ascertain what you are ready to pay for. Keep your wits about you and have a good time.
  • Jie
    • 21 posts
    January 14, 2015 2:44 PM CET

Aww thats too bad for you Maxim.  Unfortunate that your bodyguard scared the locals away :D

But next time you know better.

Traveller, what kind of offer you get - indecent ones? lol

And where do you go with the guys you met there at the West bank?  you bring them to your place ?

This post was edited by Jie at January 14, 2015 2:44 PM CET
    • 40 posts
    January 14, 2015 5:54 PM CET

Nice to hear a fresh account from Luxor :p. The questions Jie askes are indeed good :p where do can you take them? Because going to there home (if they offer that) isnt that a little risky ? :p.

Oh and Traveller do you have some advice for Aswan ? :) Are there young egyptians there or mostly nubian?  (I prefer the lesser dark egyptians xD nothing personal, just a preferance :p )

Traveller said: Left Luxor yesterday and had an enjoyable time. That said be prepared for hassle as it's the hassle capital of Egypt if not the world. It is almost impossible not to meet young guys. Suggest you take the ferry to West Bank ( costs one eg pound and runs every 20 minutes or so). Get off the ferry and turn direct left and walk along the side of the Nile ( Ramla). Within minutes if not seconds you will be approached with an offer of something. Basically they want to ascertain what you are ready to pay for. Keep your wits about you and have a good time.

• 35 posts
    January 14, 2015 6:36 PM CET
    Jie. If you consider a sexual proposal from a young male as indecent then yes the offers are indecent. First though you will be offered a sail with a felucca , motorboat, camel or horse ride etc etc just navigate the conversation it's not difficult.
    In Luxor there are any number of flats to rent.
    On East bank television street is a good busy area.
    On West Bank there are plenty of signs to rent.
    Aswan is where I am currently. Nubians are a minority of the population but often engaged in occupations which bring them more in contact with visitors. So they are more than experienced as to the needs of single male travellers. West Bank has more Nubians and East Bank less. Aswan much easier going than Luxor. Taxi drivers a good opportunity ( sit in the front). Flat situation much more complicated in Aswan. All those on Airbnb are on Elephantine Island or West Bank.
    • 40 posts
    January 14, 2015 8:16 PM CET

So if i can be so curious, since you were in Luxor. Did you have 'fun'? If so could u tell us ? :p (So we can learn a thing or 2 lol)

Traveller said: Jie. If you consider a sexual proposal from a young male as indecent then yes the offers are indecent. First though you will be offered a sail with a felucca , motorboat, camel or horse ride etc etc just navigate the conversation it's not difficult. In Luxor there are any number of flats to rent. On East bank television street is a good busy area. On West Bank there are plenty of signs to rent. Aswan is where I am currently. Nubians are a minority of the population but often engaged in occupations which bring them more in contact with visitors. So they are more than experienced as to the needs of single male travellers. West Bank has more Nubians and East Bank less. Aswan much easier going than Luxor. Taxi drivers a good opportunity ( sit in the front). Flat situation much more complicated in Aswan. All those on Airbnb are on Elephantine Island or West Bank.

This post was edited by Maxim at January 14, 2015 8:16 PM CET
    • 35 posts
    January 15, 2015 12:57 PM CET
    As Aswan is really to
    My taste in all respects I restricted myself in Luxor to only two guys. One a very cute waiter on the 2 night sailing I took from Aswan to Luxor. After a bit of cruising he happily came to my cabin and was more than
    Adequate in all respects.
    Second a bit further down the Ramla a farmer boy who invited me to sit with him on the bank of the Nile after dark.
    To answer an earlier question, yes it can be risky to go to someone's home if you don't know them. 9 times out of 10 it is not in my experience.
    • 40 posts
    January 15, 2015 5:39 PM CET

So if you meet up with someone, where can you go to or do they take you 2 ? (if there place is risky)

Traveller said: As Aswan is really to My taste in all respects I restricted myself in Luxor to only two guys. One a very cute waiter on the 2 night sailing I took from Aswan to Luxor. After a bit of cruising he happily came to my cabin and was more than Adequate in all respects. Second a bit further down the Ramla a farmer boy who invited me to sit with him on the bank of the Nile after dark. To answer an earlier question, yes it can be risky to go to someone's home if you don't know them. 9 times out of 10 it is not in my experience.

• 35 posts
    January 16, 2015 4:09 PM CET
    So my taxi driver who was booked to take me to Aswan airport early today called to ask if he could come even earlier as he had an early fare to collect from the airport. Since he had been extra amenable the day before I agreed and was it a smart move. Aswan airport is pretty small but much bigger than it needs to be for the half dozen flights every day. The departures lounge has 2 toilet areas and an ever increasing number of cleaners. I swear they must be organised for the benefit of gay travellers! Aged from 16 to 28 each hour brought a new crop. I was hit on by at least 6 and having made my selection discovered that the cubicles are also designed for the privacy of two. The side walls are high so that my choice who was quite tall could stand on the loo and his head would not be seen over the top from outside.
    I left with the sweet taste of Aswan.
    Now at Doha airport which is a world apart.
    • 35 posts
    January 16, 2015 4:34 PM CET
    Re where to take someone?
    A farmers boy is happy to be done on the banks of the Nile ( it was dark).
    Felucca and motorboat boys in their boats.
    In the sugar cane, amongst the banana plantation. In an unfinished building.
    Or rent a flat. As I said it can be dangerous to go to someone's house but in 9 out of 10 times it is not. So only a pessimist would assume that means it must be dangerous.
    • 34 posts
    January 17, 2015 11:41 PM CET
    My dear traveller I think your choice is the one that always follows me around asking me "remember me???" But since I remember his small mop I always keep away..
    The other boys weren't really memorable so most of the time I stick to the restaurant that has amazing pizza ahahaha
    • 34 posts
    January 17, 2015 11:41 PM CET
    My dear traveller I think your choice is the one that always follows me around asking me "remember me???" But since I remember his small mop I always keep away..
    The other boys weren't really memorable so most of the time I stick to the restaurant that has amazing pizza ahahaha
    • 5 posts
    January 19, 2015 10:04 PM CET

It is safe to go there right now?

• 40 posts
    January 19, 2015 10:25 PM CET

I went 2 months ago, did not look dangerous :p.

canoa said:

It is safe to go there right now?

• 35 posts
    January 20, 2015 6:54 AM CET
    Dear Cleo,
    The pizza was off, so what else to do?
    • 4 posts
    January 26, 2015 12:57 PM CET

Hi Guys,

I love your stories here on this forum. I am planning to go to Egypt within 2 or 3 days. I hadn't confirmed my ticket because my friends here in Europe keep saying that it is dangerous to go to Egypt now. I am planning to go to Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor and Aswan. Have you got any information if this places are safe? And if it is, if you want to rent a flat to facilitate sex with guys, where do you usually find these flats to rent? on Airbnb? Do you know the best locations to rent a flat to pick up the guys in the cities I am going to?

By the way, I would like to write a bit about my experience in Tunis 2 weeks ago:

I went to Tunis capital and I stayed at a Hotel called Tunisia palace which is very close to the Medina's entrance. The staff in the hotel are not the best choice to go for it. They are not good looking guys. I also had the opportunity to visit the hamman very close to the entrance of the Medina, you just need to take the first street in your right. The guys there were not good looking, mainly old and very dirty place. Incredible or not, the places were I found easier to hook up were inside the taxis. You can find really horny taxi drivers over there.

After 1 week in Tunis I went to Sousse because many guys I talked with on grindr said that in Sousse I could have more fun. So, I took a train to Sousse, which takes around 2 hours to get there. I saw many guys in the train who were really horny, touching their cocks...but there is no place where you can suck their cocks or have sex. I recommend you to stay in a hotel in Sousse and rent a flat just to have sex. Keep all your valuables at the hotel. You can find easily apartments to rent in Sousse. Just go to La Sirene which is a bar at the end of corniche and talk with some guys over there and they will help you to rent a flat. The only place you can meet guys is in the corniche, and they are mostly hustlers, so you need to pay them. The price vary between 20 to 40 dinars. Negotiate the price before you bring them to the apartment.

I met a really nice guy there and we fucked so good. He had a huge cock.

Please guys, help me with the info about Egypt....

• 35 posts
    January 26, 2015 1:21 PM CET
    @charlothug
    Unless you speak arabic I would skip Cairo.
    Start in Luxor, take a cruise down to Aswan
    And only in the unlikely event that these two places dont satisfy you, then go on to Alexandria.
    Two weeks ago neither Luxor nor Aswan gave any hint of danger.

• 40 posts
    January 26, 2015 8:04 PM CET

Hello charlothug

I do hope you will share your experience after your return ? ;p

I still have to wait 2 months before going back

• 40 posts
    February 8, 2015 8:18 PM CET

Well i go to Egypt in a few weeks, anymore Luxor experiences ??

• 35 posts
    February 9, 2015 8:20 AM CET
    @ maxim
    Nothing new about Luxor. I am now in India which somewhat different!
    In Luxor just be open for opportunities from the moment you arrive at the airport ( baggage handlers, cloakroom attendants etc), taxi driver ( sit next to), room boy(s) in hotel and so it goes. Take care of your valuables and be aware, especially in Luxor you are seen as a commercial opportunity. Enjoy your trip.
    • 1 posts
    March 8, 2015 7:16 PM CET

I was in Luxor and I was robbed in the main street in the evening but It's much safer on the opposite side of the Nile.