Forums » Travel Forum

Oman/Muscat

• 14 posts
    September 24, 2015 3:43 PM CEST

I will be visiting Oman in November, does anyone have any advice or experiences of Oman and Muscat

• 4 posts
    September 28, 2015 12:58 AM CEST

Use Grindr it works very well and you will have instant results. I had a lot of fun there when I went. Not so much of meeting guys on the streets. It is possible, but there is a lot of interest on Grindr. Not everyone's taste I know, but it works.

I have had other encounters when there; more of the random street or cafe type meet up, but more success online.

• 14 posts
    September 29, 2015 11:05 AM CEST

Thanks for your advice very helpful, i do prefer random meets on the street, more str8 guys then online ;)

• 27 posts
    October 10, 2015 10:47 AM CEST

Hi,

I am also interested in Oman and just googled some sites about gay life in this country. What I learned is:

- a very safe country with friendly people, you have not to fear criminality, blackmailing, hassle etc;

- men keep close emotional friendships to other men like in many arab countries, so hanging around with men will not cause any suspicion; travelling together and sharing a hotel room is very normal;

- homosexuality is "technically" forbidden by the law but practically not persecuted if it is performed in a discrete way;

- you can everywhere make contacts, there are no "gay" bars and you do not need them, many "straight" men are interested in sex and some omanis will adress to you because they think all western men are gay and open fpr man-man-sex;

- what suprised me most was the information that you could invite a local man to your hotel room.

So this sounds all very promising and I am very curious about this country: I hope that Hitsard will give us a report after his journey.

• 14 posts
    October 10, 2015 10:58 PM CEST

Hi there Mirko, I have actually visited before, which i didnt make clear i was just looking for more places to visit that maybe i didnt know about and some other peoples experiences, I had a great time in Oman, I had no problem taking men to my room, lots and lots of men are available, taxi drivers are very available, I played with my taxi drivers big cock all the way to the airport as I was leaving the country, the men are so so friendly and even the ones who dont want sex are so friendly,, most of your comments are factual and what youve read online is actually true.

• 27 posts
    October 12, 2015 8:51 PM CEST

Hi Hitsard,

its awesome that you can give already advice about Oman. In this forum it is often a topic how to take a male person to ones hotelroom or apartment, for example in egypt or morocco. So its great to hear that in Oman it should be no problem. May I ask you more in details: What ways did you observe or practice by your own? I give you some possible ways, more or less directly:

- entering the lobby of the hotel with a local one did met before, going together to the reception desk and asking for the key;

- meeting the local in the lobby or hotel restaurant and sneaking after a while to the hotelroom;

- the local just asks at the reception desk to call the tourist at his room and announce a guest.

Some more ways? By the way I am not talking about taking a guest overnight but just about receiving somebody overday.

• 14 posts
    October 12, 2015 10:15 PM CEST

Hi Mirko, I had no problem at all taking men to my hotel room, I never leave my key at reception as I save the embarrasment of going to reception to ask for a key if I have a friend with me, I entered with guy together, I also entered Hotel ahead of another guy and met him at the elevator together, I also gave other guy room number and we went to room seperately and one guy off line was waiting for me in the hotel lobby when i returned from the swimming pool and he had been to reception and asked for me and was told to wait for me in lobby as I wasnt in my room. so as you can see I had lots of different scenarios with different guys at the hotel and had no problem, none of my guests stayed overnight they where all casual meets from the streets and eye contact and all locals, there are many paki and indian workers in Muscat, maybe they would draw more  unwanted attention at the hotel reception.

• 27 posts
    October 13, 2015 7:02 AM CEST

Thank you for your answer!

I guess your way to bring somebody with you works better in a big hotel with many rooms than in a small one.  Could you confirm that?

• 14 posts
    October 14, 2015 4:13 PM CEST

I would always opt for bigger hotel as your not as noticable

• 27 posts
    October 15, 2015 7:31 PM CEST

Another question: How did you experience the local traffic system in muscat that is an expanded city? Besides taxis or a rented car: what could you use? In many arab countries you can use minibusses, maybe in muscat they are called  "shared" taxis. They are much cheaper than taxis and run on fixed routes.

• 14 posts
    October 15, 2015 8:59 PM CEST

I stayed in Ruwi and only travelled to Muttrah, Qurum ( beach ) and Albustan and only used taxi's to get around, im sure they are shared buses but i didnt notice them, the taxi's are worth the extra for the fun that can be had :)

• 27 posts
    October 18, 2015 2:12 PM CEST

Thank you Hitsard for answering all my questions. Now comes I think the last one: I know one should not easily generalize from some some encounters to a whole group like omani men. I know that one must be very careful about that. Nevertheless there are sometimes characteristics of members of a group that are more likely than others. Would you dare to draw some conclusions from your experiences wirh omani men? With regard to temperament in bed and their expression of feelings like for example kissing? We all know sex can be very cold but also hot and warmhearted.

• 14 posts
    October 22, 2015 8:16 PM CEST

Omani men are like men everywhere, some are 100% gay others more bi and some straight but have sex with men, and they are all different in bed but on the whole they are nice guys to spend time with, I only met one giggilo :)

• 27 posts
    October 29, 2015 8:03 PM CET

Thank you!